In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for an
Technical Artist (f/m)
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany).
The Technical Artist will be responsible for developing, documenting and supporting the game art pipelines and techniques used by the art team. S/he acts as a bridge between the artists and the programmers working on a game title. The TA ensures art assets can be easily integrated into the game without sacrificing either the artistic vision or exceeding the technical limits. S/he supports the art director in defining the technical art constrains and finding the best technical base and production pipelines to create AAA game content. As TA you should identify needed improvements to our DCC-Tools and implement them.
- - Customize or create artistic reference assets, streamlined exactly for the specific project
- Create content for a game prototype
- Designing and implementing art pipelines
- Design, build and maintain scripts for the art team
- Coaching the art team to learn new technologies and processes.
- Identify problems and find appropriate solutions
- Understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view
- Checking art assets and help to define technical constrains for the ingame assets
- - At least three years of industry experience
- Show technical proficiency in areas such as lighting and rendering, texturing, and graphics related programming languages such as shaders
- Understanding newest PBR game engine and content pipelines
- An eye for motion, shape, compositing and animation
- Knowledge of modeling and texturing techniques
- Being fluent in one or more 3D packages: 3DSMax, Maya, Mudbox, Zbrush etc.
- Extensive knowledge of 2D art packages (Photoshop)
- Beeing able to customize art packages so they are as efficient as possible for production (scripting)
- Good communication skills
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols
- Being able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- - Experience with Maya API, C#
- Experience with Node-Based-Game-Engine editors
- Experience with shaders in a package like Unreal
- AAA game experience
- Passionate about games
- - Be part of a new project and an amazing team right from the beginning
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Subventioned lunch meals, possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike
- Working in an innovative and international company
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubi.com
Blue Byte GmbH