In order to continue delivering highly qualitative and innovative game plays we are looking for an
UI Artist (f/m)
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany).
- - Design and create modern, high quality interface solutions for game productions
- Work with the art director, designers and accessibility specialists to create screen layouts and 2D assets and artworks for production
- Ensure that all UI elements and 2D assets stay within the limits of gameplay requirements and engine limitations
- Ensure a very high usability and readability on all designs on every platform and resolution
- Close collaboration with the art director to work within the visual style of the game
- Ensure that all UI elements and 2D artworks are suitable for production needs of other departments
- - Minimum of 2 year experience in the video game industry and a deep knowledge of user interface workflows
- Very strong skills in Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and After Effects
- A keen eye for composition, color, lighting and mood
- Very good traditional and digital illustration skills
- A good sense for modern, state of the art layout and design
- Very good sense for motion design, preferably good 2D animation skills
- Understanding of 2D production work flows and tools with the ability to modify and improve them
- Forward thinker and anticipate the needs of the project
- Able to adapt to the current projects art style and work within those limitations
- Be enthusiastic and expect to take on challenges
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- - Experience with Unity 5, NGUI, Flash and/or scaleform
- Scripting knowledge
- Compositing skills
- AAA game experience
- Experience developing for mobile platforms
- Experience in working with 3D software
- Passionate about games
All portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work done. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, were responsible for in your reel, screenshots, scanned pictures, web page portfolio, etc.
We offer a highly interesting challenge as a team player including the possibility to show personal initiative and to work in an innovative and international company.
If you have fun working in the Game industry, please apply via our career portal (http://bluebyte.ubi.com/en/career/jobs/).
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.bluebyte.de and www.ubisoft.com
Blue Byte GmbH